Y axis repeatability issue with CM 5.13/?

Hi.

I was running V4 of CM and could just put in the new blank and not change the current X, Y or Z settings and it worked fine. I am making multiple coasters, but one at a time. I upgraded to 5.13 and now find that the Y setting seems to change a little from one run to the next.

So, before I go crazy checking hardware and going back to the old version, has anyone seen this with 5.13?

I haven’t had any issues that I’ve noticed. I’m not currently running anything production style like you are, but I do run a couple operations and shut the machine down to come back and run the next couple operations at later times on the same setup.

Which limit switches do you have? I had found my mounts were a little loose at one point and I contributed that to small variations I saw at the time.

1 Like

I have the micro switches.

I went back to 4.14 yesterday and saw some minimal changes from one blank to the next, but I was not cutting as aggressively as the previous batch. I have some more of that batch to do so I’ll know more in the next couple of days.

Thanks

I went back and did the same job where I was having trouble before. This time I was using CM 4.14 and it was repeatable, the Y axis did not shift from unit to unit. I have done nothing else but change the rev of CM.

What I’m doing is:
I cut blanks 1.4" thick, 3." by 3.5". I have a piece of pine with a 3.5" X 3.5" pocket cut into it. This pine is clamped to the waste board. I then clamp the blank into the pine and rout it.

Thanks
Sheldon

CM4 and CM5 have different Grbl defaults — did you update the Settings each time? Or did you use the new, more aggressive defaults:

The commands really ought to be the same, so I would think it’s coincidental otherwise.

My gut feel is that I did not set the new defaults when I went to CM5. I will investigate more this weekend.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks all, I went back to 5.13 and set the defaults and all is working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.