Y proximity switch problem

My shapeoko 3 XL just me whole bunch of error. Last used was like a week ago and it was fine. When doing the initializing it gave me these error. I check the machine and a saw that my Y proximity switch is active without touching with a metal object. I did a research and I’m stumped on this. Has my Y proximity switch gone bad and could be causing this?

Errors:
-Limit Switch Error (Y)
-Homing Cycled Failed
-GRBL Error: Homing Failed, Pull off didn’t clear
-Machine Controller restarted unexpectedly and may be in a undefined state

1 Like

Saw your ticket on support — we’ll do our best to get this sorted out as quickly as we can.

As noted there, first thing to try is to power down and swap the Y-axis homing switch w/ one which works — let us know what you find out at support@carbide3d.com

Yes the LED for the Y homing switch stays on the X slot when the X and Y homing are swapped. Will do!

Not sure if this is helpful, but I have had intermittent prox issues as well. After much head-scratching and wire-wiggling I narrowed down the problem to the actual wire connectors between the sensors and the wire harness. I removed the snap-together connectors and went with in line splices. No more random issue or prox failures.
I bring this up because if the connector the issue, swapping the sensors to see where the problem follows (which should be done and is a good troubleshooting step) might be misleading…

2 Likes

Got the new y switch today from Support and swap it out. The Y switch light was not on. initialized the machine without a problem. No Errors came up!

Thanks to the Support Crew!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.