Y travel problem?

Hi,
I think I have a problem with the Y travel on my machine. I know it is should overhang at the front except mine does not. It stops about 80 mm short of the end. When homing and sending to the back it goes all the way to where it should. I’m trying to setup my new Bitsetter but can’t because it falls short of the front end, if that makes sense. I checked the grbl settings and they seem correct.
grbl settings;
$132=100
$131=850
$130=845
Thanks
Mark

Try sending your config to see if that fixes. Don’t send config with BitSetter until fixed. After normal operation resend config with BitSetter and follow setup instructions.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion,
Sent the config and no change

What does Carbide Motion show as the current Y absolute coordinate when it stops short (you can click above the values to switch between relative and absolute) ? -850 or something in the -770 ballpark ?
If it is the former, then check your Y steps/mm param ? ($101, should be close to 40)

1 Like

Hi Julien,
I think the absolute coord is -770 and the $101 is 40
Thanks
Mark

Hi,
Sorry I think this is correct Machine Position = -780
Mark

Mmh. So you are just jogging manually, trying to bring Z to the front/past the front plate, and at -780 it just stops and won’t let you jog further, no error, nothing ?
You are using Carbide Motion, right ?

There may be some info in the console log window, can you try the following ?

• open the log window (from the Settings menu) and leave it open
  • send $$ from the MDI tab
  • try to move the router to the front until it stops
  • and then in the log window, “copy all”, paste that in a file, and post it here ?

Hi,
No error just stops as if it should no drama.
Carbide Motion 513.grbl.zip (377 Bytes)
Thanks
mark

1 Like

Oh, I see, you are using the rapid position. It’s normal that it stops at -780 (that seems to be the hardcoded position). But then you can’t jog by steps further ?

2 Likes

Hi Julien,
Sorry it was my Newbie stupidity! I used rapid SE to bring to front and assumed that would bring me all the way, never thought I’d have to use the jog to bring me the rest of the way.
Thanks for you efforts, top service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.