Y1 and x rail problems

Please check that the Y-axis rails are level and parallel to each other.

Once they are, loosen the top V-wheels on the gantry and the bolts for the extrusion, then push down on the gantry and re-tighten the bolts you had loosened.

When squaring things up always work from large to small and work systematically.

If you have difficulties let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

i have put together many tools before, like jointers and table saws, i work construction, but maybe cnc machines appear to be out of my league, the machine has so many parts that have to be parallel for it to work properly, but when i put everything together apparently there was no room for play as everything went together really tightly. So forgive me for asking and i really hate to ask you because i dont want to appear to be an idiot, but please tell me how can i make sure that the y axis are parallel to each other, because i already loosen the screws and there is really no movement at all up or down. I really suspect that it might have something to do with the v wheels because when i manually turn the v wheels for one moment it rotates free and the next one it catches the rail, but like i said before once the whole gantry moves to a different position it is a completely different situation

For the V wheel adjustment please see: https://docs.carbide3d.com/support/tensioning-eccentrics/

i saw that. but even like that it seems that they are now evenly rounded

that is the reason why when i say that when i first said that they fist touch on one part of the rail when the gantry moves to the back then the v wheels then do not touch engage the rail anymore

i just need some help with this please, i really like this machine and i really want this to work please.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com

I will do that, thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.