Y1 Connection Failure CM 2.41d

I thought I had a failure on the Y1 Stepper motor as it is not powering when moved or locking. I checked for loose pulley connection but OK. Belt tension seems fine. Next I switched Y1 with Y2 at the board. The problem is now with the opposite stepper motor. This indicated that there is something wrong with the board output at Y1.
Can anybody help me with a fix for this? I only found the problem because I was trying to Square the machine but regardless of which method I adopted due to the gantry mot being driven from both sides on the gantry I am unable to home in on a good Square Fence fixture
Any help would be appreciated.2024-03-27T00:00:00Z

Let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get it sorted as quickly as we can.

It could be an issue with the wire harness. If they had a bad crimp or the pin was not inserted in the Molenex connector correctly.

I used a zip tie to keep pressure on my Molenex connectors.

Thanks for your Idea, but when I switch Y1 motor with Y2 Motor, proves that Y1 motor works on Y2 but neither work on Y1. I think it must be something on the Board or in settings but only new of this type of equipment and have no knowledge as to where to look in either places (Board or settings)

1 Like

Good Morning Will
It seems as though you have seen my post on the Forum but seems that there is a lack of solutions to my problem.
In summary: Whilst trying to calibrate my Shapeoko 3d I eventually found that there was no drive to the Y1 output on the control board. If I exchange motor Y1 with Y2, Y1 motor drives the right hand side of the gantry and the Motor from Y2 (now on the left side of the gantry fails to function, proving I believe that there is no output from Y1. It also confirms that Both Y1 & Y2 motors are functioning.
I have physically examined the board under magnification and found no signs of dry joints or overheated /blown components. I have replaced the USB cable to eliminate issues with signal failure.
Can you advise any other areas which I can explore or do I need a new Board…
If it is to be a new board could you advise the cost shipped to UK.
Many thanks

If the stepper driver chip has failed it would need to be replaced.

We have replacement parts for a Shapeoko 3 listed at: