Z-axis diving into wastebord

No, it’s not necessary. The zeros persist as long as you don’t set them again, even turning off the machine will not cancel them. Are you sure you did not read -37mm and that this may have been the absolute coordinates? do you “clear all offsets” when zeroing ?

Anyway, it’s good if everything is in order now

1 Like

I’m probably completely wrong, considering you are using CC and CM, but it almost seems like a different coordinate system was called.

It is probably something that I am doing wrong in the workflow. I am now shutting down the program in between jobs, re-homing, re-zeroeing, and double checking the z height before starting the job. Even doing that I still had the z change right before the job started from 6mm to 37mm (or maybe -37mm according to Julien) either way it changed on its own. I don’t believe that I changed it from offset coordinates to machine coordinates.

btw one big “sin” is to change bits without clicking in the GUI on the “change bit setting”, or to zero the bit before doing a bitsetter probe… doing either of those will cause shifts in Z.
So if you reset the machine, make sure you cause a bitsetter probe (even if you need to do a fake bit change in the GUI) before setting the zero…

if you set zero and THEN probe, the software will subtract the difference from the zero you set, or at least things will get very confused.

(think of it this way: the system needs to know how long your bit it, before setting a zero, so that the next time it measures the bit, it knows how much to adjust your zero (or not adjust) )

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.