Z axis inconsistencies

Hey guys. Cutting this plaque in cherry today. Came out overall early nice. However I’m noticing some inconsistencies in the z height which aren’t showing up in my preview in aspire. Overall, the cuts appear clean and consistent, but there are a few spots where it looks like its raised a touch higher than it should be. Heres a couple pictures to help

Notice the strip running throughout the rope. Its not localized in one spot as this is 24" in diameter. The rest of the rope came out clean.

Again here in the middle:

The globe should be round, with the indents running left to right. (Top to bottom as pictured) There are areas that are too deep or raised.

Z axis belt is right. Eccentrics seem good. If this stuff was the problem I’d imagine more of these problems throughout the entire carve.

Any thoughts?

Does it show up in a 3D preview of the G-Code? See what CAMotics https://camotics.org/ shows?

If that’s not the case, I’d check the machine mechanically, including the Z-axis belt itself (I wonder if you could have a bad/worn spot — try loosening the belt and rotating it around so that some other section would be holding the router at this height?)

Send this in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through it with you.

Thanks Will. I’ll do that. Back in town Monday.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.