Z axis is plunging into work piece after using bitzero v.2

Our Shapeoko seems like it is not taking our z axis zero. When we use the bitzero it just plunges straight into our work piece. Any help would be awesome!

Thank you,
T.J.

Either before or after using Bit Zero you still need to set the Z to zero on your material.
Bit Zero is meant to maintain the Z setting between bit changes.

No, that is the BitSetter. The BitZero is very specifically for setting zeros.

Which BitZero are you using, V1 or V2?

How is it positioned when you set Z zero, ‘hooked’ over the corner or FULLY on top of the material?

Which probe cycle are you using, ‘Corner’ or Z only?

1 Like

What sort of toolpath are you trying to cut?

Where is the origin set in your file?

Which version of Carbide Create are you using?

It is the v2 , and i am using the corner button. It finds all 4 sides and then touches the top of the device. So I was thinking that it was zeroing out x,y,and z,

The toolpath is a contour. As fare as the origin I am not completely sure I understand the question. The version of carbide create is the latest version out I do believe.

Please see:

If that doesn’t help, please post a .c2d file, the generated G-Code, step-by-step notes on how you are securing your stock and setting zero relative to it and managing all tool changes and a photo showing an attempt at cutting still in place on the machine and we will do our best to work through this w/ you. If you don’t wish to share the file, send it in to support@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.