Z axis not calibrated correctly

I realised recently that my Shapeoko Pro has a tendency to cut too deep. So I now tested this. I’ve attached a 15 mm plywood, set Z=0 precisely at the top of the stock, then moved sideways and moved down 1 mm at a time. After 9 mm, I hit the spoil board. This means that having moved (nominally) 9 mm down, I’ve reached the bottom of the 15 mm board. X and Y seem precise, the problem just exists for Z. I’ve also noticed that the using the BitZero V2, the Z is never right (I place it correctly at the corner). I always need to adjust Z=0 manually. I’d be very grateful for some thoughts!

Make sure you have selected the Z-plus rather than the HDZ for your Z-axis during setup.
I bet your $102 value is 320, but if you have the Z-plus, I think it should be 200.

This can all be fixed through the machine setup.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. Yes, that was the problem. I now understand why the problem started after I updated Carbide Motion. (I selected HDZ instead of Z-plus)… :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.