tl;dr bitsetter is off casing Z to go deeper than it should.
After starting a cut yesterday I noticed that a pocket was going beyond the .20" that I had specified. Thinking I must have done something wrong. I stopped the job, powered down the machine, and started from the beginning. Power on, initialize, correct endmill in the router, and the bitesetter did what it does. Next I used the BitZero to get x,y,z, and ensured that I had the correct endmill selected there. The BitZero was properly placed on the material. All those steps were completed with the previous job too.
I jogged the device to the center and used the rapid movement back to x, y, and z to see if everything registered properly. What you can see in the photos, is that the z is not at the 6mm mark. The endmill is against a .25" piece of MDF for reference as I did not have a ruler that would fit in the tight space.
With the Z off, you can see that the pocket is pretty deep and there are remnants of the endmill dragging across the face.
Next, I moved to test Z using a piece of paper and as you can see, the Z is at .125 when it should be at zero.
I saw a previous post with odd Z behavior that seems similar to what I’m experiencing.
Everything up until now has been going well and everything I’ve made has been pretty straightforward using the create and motion combo.