Z depth not consistent

Once again I’m experiencing problems with my Z depth not being constant. I’m currently surfacing my 35” x 96” slab. The first 36” long section went fine. Today, I started my second 36” long section. First attempt, the router bit buried itself into the slab and stuck there and I immediately shut it down with the red button. I had set my start point to be -48.700”, -45.945, -4.785 for X, Y, and Z. I use machine position. So after the router buried itself for the first run, I reset everything again to my starting coordinates, and verified my surfacing file. The file looked fine, but I changed the depth of the tool to be 0.010” to match the depth of cut for my file, because I did have the depth of cut for the tool to be 0.070” for a four flute surfacing bit at 12000 Ipm. The second time of running the file it went to -4.791” from my zero of -4.785”. After it finished the job, I ran the same job again and this time it went to -4.830”. After sending this? I will begin checking all of my screw connections at the step motors? to make sure everything it tight.

Then another issue I’m starting to see is my laptop, Acer Nitro 5, looses connection to the router in Motion and I’m at the connect to router page in Motion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.