Z not cutting deep enough

I have had my Shapeoko 5 Pro for 8 weeks.I am now on my 3rd wiring harness, 3rd control box, 3rd router, 2nd bitsetter and various other parts you guys have sent me. I ran one job after 3rd control box and wiring harness was installed job went fine. (1.5 hr job). Tried running another job, sign I have made before, Z will not come low enough to cut. About 3/4 inch high. I have tried with and without bitsetter, with and without bitzero ( paper method). Tried full system reboot.
I am getting very frustrated with your support system (not the people, the system). I have had nothing but problems with the machine since receiving it and seem to have to go to the bottom of the line every time I have a problem. I have spent hour and hours waiting for return calls or emails. You would think there would be some priority for people who buy a brand new machine. Especially when there are constant issues.

Until you are comfortable / confident with the machine, double check everything!!
Double check the zero position in your CAD/CAM file matches where you’re setting zero on the machine.
Either Bottom of part, or Top of part.
Double check that the Z axis is actually moving the distance you’ve asked it to. After setting Z zero, move the Z axis a known distance & measure it to see if it actually went that distance.
Double check the Z axis can get to the table with that tool. After touching off Z zero, move the tool down to the table.
Double check that the Z axis is not hitting one of it’s limits.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.