Z-plus Dust Shoe from Carbide 3D

Are there any plans for a dust shoe for a Z-Plus that is independent of Z axis travel - like a Suckit?

If there was, I would have expected to see holes in the XZ mounting plate — my simpleton thinking is that it seems wide enough to accommodate, but no provisions were made for it.

I hope I’m wrong!

@Luke had a boot that didn’t move on a recent post on instagram. He may have an HD though.

1 Like

If you already have a Suckit, I am just about to release a design to mount it to a Z-Plus that does not sacrifice any X travel or require any modifications. It will be selling the design files or kits for pretty cheap just to help me cover my hobby. I am not sure what the rules are about posting that sort of thing on here but if I can, I will.

2 Likes

It’s kind of against the rules, but if you keep it lowkey…well.

1 Like

I am definitely interested.

Awesome - needed this yesterday!

Thanks for the info. That link is broken though.
I’m not interested in breaking any rules here because I really enjoy this forum and like being a member of it.

1 Like

https://community.carbide3d.com/tos

I don’t have a Z-plus (original Blue HDZ), but I can’t imagine there’d be a problem with you offering to 3D print parts or put kits together for those that can’t or don’t want to themselves.

Interested as well as I don’t have a 3D printer.

Just to clarify, I was pointing to the rules just so you know they exist, but I’m with Neil on this one: I can’t see this being a problem (I have zero authority on the matter though).

1 Like

This is just my first try in adapting my old dust shoe, I’m not up and running jet as my Z-plus kit was incomplete, but I’ll probably someday make an optimized version…

2 Likes

Does that limit how far left you can jog?

Have you tweaked the relevant GCode setting to tell the machine not to beat itself to death on the left Y rail? :wink:

yep, space usage on the left can be reduced, I’ll make a better version some day, this is just the first rough try on the Z-plus. I’ll make a better design someday, but I like to stick to the basic idea and keep using the bicycle seat quick release for height adjustment

1 Like

Some people use the full width but most never do. I have an XXL and an XL would do 99% of t he work I do but I do like having the extra 1% for some reason. I live in Texas where everything is bigger. Yee Ha!

1 Like

I ended up building an adapter for my Suck It since Sweepy was completely useless for anything more than 1/2" deep (at least until they offer the brush set).

I posted it to thingiverse in case anyone finds it useful.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.