Z Plus Feed Limit

Since upgrading to the Z plus i’ve noticed it’s a lot slower than my old belt drive, but obviously the advantages still outweigh this downside!

My question is, has anyone overclocked the limit of 1000mm/min with their Z Plus and does it skip steps when it moves faster? I’d like to be able to maintain my 3d machining recipes where all axis use the same feed rate!

I’d assume you could probably double the speed and increase the accelerations a good amount. However you might increase leadnut wear and its not something ide try with a 65mm spindle.

Best best is to adjust values a bit at a time and test using a different g code sender like UGS because you have more control over jog distance and speed. You’ll hear a skip.

1 Like

Discussed at:

1 Like

Thanks for these, I have set it to 1500mm/min for now and seems to be okay at the moment. I never plunge into stock at this rate anyway so there is never a large amount of load at that speed, only fast plunge I use is for 3d finishing operations so v low load.

Shouldn’t affect performance when finishing too much if plunge is slower than other feed rates in parallel finishing right?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.