Zelda Breath of the Wild

Sheikah Slate piece from Breath of the Wild, 1 piece of Oak, 16mm thick roughly 11" tall and 7.5" wide. It’s not 100% cannon but the scales are correct and the painting will help :slight_smile: Engraving depth is mainly 4mm and was completed using a 30V Bit, 1/8" and 1/4" downcut bits.
Half way through hand painting and staining, will post more when completed.

23 Likes

I am not sure what I am looking at as far as the graphic goes… But that is very cool! :+1:

Thanks! It’s from a game, mostly you see them as phone cases or tablet covers but I wanted to make a wall art piece for a friends birthday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I believe your friend will like it very much.

1 Like

That looks very cool! Can’t wait to see it painted.

1 Like

Very well done. My kids and I love it. My kids are playing Breath of the Wild as I type this. It is a great game and I think your piece is a wonderful interpretation of the slate. Can’t wait to see the finished product. I am just working on my first two wall hangings/signs right now actually.

1 Like

Been a while since my last update. The piece is done and will be delivered this afternoon! All the things I’m making for my wedding, fulltime job and the woodworking side business have taken up a lot of my time!
This was stained with Crimson Guitars Brown Rub on wood stain, hand painted with citadel paints and finished with rustoleum spray matte lacquer then rope is wrapped and hot glued then off cut pieces folded over and glued into empty spaces, no glue is visible and the wood grain showing through the painted area’s really stands out!

20 Likes

Top notch!

I’m curious, what on the other side? Or is it flat for a wall decoration?

1 Like

Thanks. So yeah it’s just bare wood on the back, itll be sitting on a stand like a plaque I believe. When I make one for ourselves though I intend to make 2 pieces, 1 with this and the other with the screen from the game and glue them together :slight_smile:

Do you happen to have the C2D file for this? This is really cool.

1 Like

Fantastic make! Looks even better with the grip and colors.

I absolutely love this! Great work!

that came out amazing.

Great job! Well done on the design. Looks just like it!