There are literally hundreds of fixturing methods for CNC... and more being invented all of the time!
In general, I despise any method that uses tape or wax - they create a mess and gum up my expensive end mills. Also, cleaning the end mills (and sometimes the bed) after using tape or wax seems to either get me cut or accidentally dull the end mill. YMMV.
I'm not to happy about using cyanoacrylate in a fixturing method, mostly because of the increased danger of exposure to skin and eyes. Removing cyanoacrylate from skin often uses compounds that are toxic. YMMV.
Any fixturing method that works well for you is good... it gets the job done. I can't speak to the effectiveness of this method.
If I absolutely had to use tape, I used 3M #410M with success. I haven't used tape in so long I can't remember that last time I did. YMMV.
I would rather have a bed that allows me to fixture my stock creatively and not depend on tape, wax, or glue. YMMV.
A sea-of-holes, T-slot bed, and T-Track bed are the the methods I prefer - using mechanical fixtures to ensure stock doesn't move. Vacuum beds, if the budget allows, is definitely nice - but are pricy, noisy, and often only effective on relatively large parts. I designed a vacuum hold down for small(er) parts on a machine without a vacuum bed - worked pretty well - but even that had its limits... The stock has to have sufficient area to be held in place with the available vacuum.
Vacuum holding can do some amazing things if one can do it. Some complex optics are polished (machined now-a-days) using vacuum holding!
I had a student who is a luthier and we made all of the parts with no tape or wax. Because they were on a budget, we did not have a vacuum bed... but we did have a T-Slot bed (a sea of holes would have been fine too but the CNC machine in question didn't have one).
In this case, the bed was solid, with T-Tracks mounted to it. We cut spoiler board material strips to go in between the T-Tracks. The T-Tracks were then significantly recessed from the top of spoiler board pieces. The spoiler board pieces were mounted to the bed via screws and could be almost trivially replaced - the screws were nylon and the heads were recessed via a Forstner bit.
The CNC machine in question allowed the limit switches to be disabled and the machine had an actually work volume that was 1 inch larger than the bed in X and Y when this was done. We machined the top of the bed flat and square to the machine via a spoiler board clearance tool.
Now the luthier could use the amazing selection of T-Slot fixtures to hold their stock in place with no tape or wax. Most of the time, T-Slot clamps were all that was necessary. Everything, including the sound board, back, neck and internal parts were made on the machine.
The sound board was intentional cut every so slightly thicker than necessary. This allowed the master to impart his spirit to the instrument via hand sanding and tapping.
I would have much preferred to use a vacuum table for the sound board but, alas, no budget for it... so we got creative. The sound board was held using construction tabs... these were removed by the master via the sanding and tapping portion of the work flow.