My Carbide Create suggestions

(Daniel Loughmiller) #21

Somewhere on the screen output the position of the mouse on the screen relative to the origin so I don’t have to count 40 grid lines. Make each ‘inch’ grid line a pixel wider or a different color.

(Daniel Loughmiller) #22

The ability to right click a toolpath and have a menu item to select all the associated items but in ‘design mode’, so if I want to shift all the items in a toolpath over a bit I can quickly select them and drag them without having to manually select them again.

(Daniel Loughmiller) #23

Ability to ‘lock’ an object to avoid accidentally selecting it

A list of elements on the screen even if they’re given useless names like ‘circle 3’ and ‘imported svg 5’. Let us ctrl+click or select+click as usual. This would then be amazing with the ability to group objects.

Ability to nudge selected objects using arrow keys

Ability to turn snap on/off especially since choosing not to SHOW the grid doesn’t actually remove the grid just hides it.

(Patrick Parker) #24

Just came here to suggest a “Lock Object” feature and found this post.
But yeah, we need Lock Object. I have had things move when I click on them to get coordinates to measure and set coordinates for another object. Even more annoying is having something move while in the Tool Path setting screen.

~Fess

(Daniel Loughmiller) #25

Never hurts to revive a thread especially when some of the suggestions are still relevant :slight_smile: