1.1 Upgrade Failing on v2.3 Board

I have already emailed support a couple days ago with no response yet. I have a v2.3 controller I am finally getting around to upgrading to 1.1. But the upgrade fails. I use the Carbide Updater Utility. I tried holding down the Z limit switch. Failure. Then I found an article where is says to press the Prog button which is hidden underneath the big capacitor on my board. So I tried holding that. Updater still fails. Then I downloaded XLoader and used the settings recommended in an article on the forums for going back to 0.9. XLoader seems to lock up. So it seems like I am stuck at 0.9 until support gets back to me with a solution.

I read through tons of topics on this forum along with the wiki. It seems like i either don’t have a bootloader or my bootloader is corrupted.

Anyone successfully upgrade a v2.3 board to 1.1? If so, can you tell me if there is anything I need to do other than hold down the Prog button when the Updater Util tells me to hold down the Z limit switch button?

This topic is the closest I can find, but I never saw the solution, only the suggestion to email support, which I have done. Awaiting a response from them.

I’ve never had an issue using the arduino IDE.

1 Like

Does it matter what release of 1.1 I use to compile? Looks like 1.1f released in August is the latest.

I’d just grab the most recent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.