2.2kw G-Penny kit

Some of us have the “black” VFD (Huanyang):

which fan is noisy indeed (but not unbearable, and it can be changed). I have no idea what the “Vector inverter” models are worth, but I know that if you were to go for the Huanyang black VFD, you could be interested in this thread about setting parameters. Join the gang, it will be easier to support you in case there is any bump on the road :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can really go wrong, the blue G-penny is a great spindle, it’s already grounded, and it has worked great for several people here (you must have seen the threads)

I don’t have drag chains (SO3…) but I think many people (@Griff?) do run their cooling tubes in them.

EDIT: @wb9tpg has a great thread on his spindle install, and he does run the cooling tubes through the drag chains

Do grab several ER collet sets, you never know when you’ll damage one and be stuck, better have a spare one or two.
Collet nuts: the one that comes with the spindle has been balanced (tiny holes bored in it) at the factory, if you buy extra collet nuts, I think you should be careful whether they are balanced or not (the balanced ones I found were very pricy)

2 Likes