3D Touch Probe: Carbide Motion macros (unofficial)

A number of folks have recently jumped into the world of inexpensive 3D Touch probes, myself among them!

This thread is specifically for leveraging these probes with Carbide Motion macros. As such, there may be some limitations we have in what’s possible. Hopefully if we run into any limitations this thread can surface them to the good folks at Carbide3D :wink:

If you are looking for a robust probing environment and are willing to switch gcode senders, you may be interested in a parallel effort going on here: 3D Touch Probe: gSender macros

Now then, let’s see what we can do with the built in macro functionality in our favorite first party gcode sender: Carbide Motion!

2 Likes

We should probably get a GitHub repo up and running for these macros. I’ll tack it on to the first post when it’s ready.

Seems like the first macro worth working on is the venerable “Edge Finder”
Let’s see how it goes.

I wanted to post the pinout that I verified for the Nomad’s Mini XLR connector, i used my multimeter to verify this, but you should do your own due diligence in case your nomad for some reason is different.

Mini XLR pinout

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.