A couple of questions

Very new and very raw with the Shapeoko. I purchased one for my BOTSIQ team (combat robot), we are interested in trying out lighter, easier to work with materials for some of our more basic parts. I have several questions;

I purchased the t-track wasteboard system from Shapeoko and already put a gouge in it. Should I do a surfacing job to level it? If so, how do I go about doing that?

I have some half inch and three quarters inch PVC stock and I am interested in using for the robot. Shapeoko has feeds and speed for the quarter inch end mill, but not for the eighth inch endmill any suggestions?

Iā€™d just fill the gouge with a mixture of sawdust and glue and then surface ā€” why remove more material than is necessary?

For leveling see: Wasteboard Plans with threads

To work up feeds and speeds see: https://shapeokoenthusiasts.gitbook.io/shapeoko-cnc-a-to-z/feeds-and-speeds-basics and Origin/consistency of chipload recommendations and #MaterialMonday on YouTube

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.