Any Update on This Discussion on Software-Aided Tiling?

@robgrz
Continuing the discussion from Toolpath Tiling in Carbide Create Pro:

Can you share any more on plans for this set of ideas?

• Gary

I think it’s available as a beta for pro users.

• (NEW) Toolpath Tiling for Pro licenses. The help link is broken and we need to clean up some terms and labels once people try it out.

Carbide Create Beta Downloads (carbide3d.com)

1 Like

I have the TIling solution that was in the Beta — this discussion had some future possibilities for CC to aid in the indexing and positioning of the work - to make the physical positioning of the piece easier and more foolproof. That discussion came towards the end of that thread.

• Gary

You can still do tiling with regular carbide create you just have to make two files. That’s what I did with this cardboard cutout of Albert Einstein

1 Like

Yes. The discussion was about CC automatically creating registration artifacts within the design that would eliminate the necessary calculations / design changes and minimize / eliminate the inaccuracies caused when shifting the piece to the next tile. These are things we “CAN” do ourselves, but if CC Pro can do it in a standard and consistent matter, it will make everyone’s life a lot easier when tiling.

It’s still on the TODO list. We’ll probably get back to it when we’re done with the current CM updates.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.