Any way to purchase just replacement belts?

After a little over a year of light to moderate use with my pro xl, I’m noticing my belts are starting to look a little worn so i figure its a good idea to pick up some more to have on hand. Has anyone been able to purchase just the belts from C3D? I see there’s a maintenance kit with belts and mobil vactra 2 but I don’t need the oil.

If you already have the oil you can get the gates belts. The specs are on the forum. If you do not have the oil you will need it for the Z-Plus and/or HDZ. You need to oil your Z axis periodically. The v-wheels are also handy to have. I would just order the maintenance kit because after finding, ordering and paying shipping for just the belts the maintenance kit may be a better value.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I do have oil, but i get it from a local machine shop. I don’t think its mobil vactra 2 but I explained what i needed and they said i should be fine using it. C3D wasn’t offering it at the time i bought my machine and its not a easy thing to find in Canada. I was looking at the other kits but since i have the pro, i don’t really have any use for the v wheels so $70 US seems a little steep for just the belts. I’ve seen people post about C3D doing custom orders for them so i was wondering if anyone has done that for belts as I imagine it’s something the community must need to buy on a semi regular basis.

Hey Guy,
Is there a maintenance schedule or suggested doc that includes where and what to oil or tighten etc? I’m on a SO4 XL

BEMONOC 2GT Open Ended Timing Belt Motor Drive Belt Width=9mm Rubber with Fiberglass Core for 3D Printer Pack of 5Meters https://a.co/d/hSV6AG3

I bought from Amazon cant get the z belt but x and y. 9mm i believe but u have the 3xxl

There is a maintenance doc. See this post:

The Mobil Vactra #2 is sometimes called Bridgeport oil. The Vactra is used on mechanical lathes to lubricate the moving surfaces. Your machine shop may have an equivalent but it would be best to use what is recommended. If you go to Autozone and you need coolant and they only have the universal the salesman will say it is ok. However if you have a Toyota it is best to use the Toyota coolant because the universal stuff may ruin your expensive engine and that salesman wont be there to pay for the repairs. It is best to use what the manufacturer says to use. You have to remove the Z-Plus/HDZ from the gantry to oil the bottom bearings. It is not hard but it likely takes about an hour to tear down, lubricate and clean and reinstall.

Linear_Rail_and_Guide_Maintenance_02-17-2021_v1.0.pdf (491.5 KB)

You might search to see if there is a more current version of this document.

1 Like

@TonyMurray

I might have some spare closed loop belts for the old SO3 Z axis of you need one.

@Cadefoster84 Is looking for a link to buy 15mm belts for the pro, though. I don’t know that they’re Gates branded.

1 Like

I didnt realize c3d started offering smaller quantites of the mobil vactra 2, definitely would have bought the matienence kit with my machine if it was available at the time. I would like to start using it if it comes with the belts, the only thing is i have used the oil i got a few times to lubricate the bearing blocks, i figured something is better then nothing. Im guessing mixing oils isnt the best idea?

The oil gets evaporated. So just start using the recommended oil and eventually all the other oil will disappear. The other oil may have been an equivalent and may work but why tempt fate. I would not try to clean out the old oil because you may just make things worse.

When you lube the bearings some will drip down the guides and so for a week or so after oiling wipe off the bottom of the guide rods to keep from getting oil dripping on your project. When the machine is parked I always put a paper towel under the Z until it quits dripping. FYI

1 Like

I have a couple spares, but would welcome more lol, i need to stop being cheap and get the z plus! But the belt z works great for me at the moment, just ensure they are tight and in the last 4 years i have replaced all belts only once and i average a good 40hrs per month on the machine

If you are going to upgrade get the HDZ. The Z-Plus is $250.00 and the HDZ is $450.00. Now that is a pretty good chunk of change but the HDZ on my SO3 XXL has been worth every penny. The SO3 is still supported but they are up to the SO5 and eventually things like the HDZ for the SO3 will not be economically feasible to make and C3D will stop making it. The Z-Plus is the standard Z for most of the new machines. So if you can swallow that $450.00 that is what I would buy. I have had the Belt Z on my XXL that was upgraded to an HDZ. I had an XL with the Z-Plus and having had both the HDZ is far superior. The Z-Plus is good but the HDZ is better.

1 Like

15mm G2 belts, Listed on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/HTD-3M-Timing-Belt-Engraving/dp/B017SD18F2/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=CjwKCAiA5Y6eBhAbEiwA_2ZWIW6lVpSdjgO5a-FmTzabkLXJIREhx_FfeCjowWz1jSgAtn_ExMPt0RoCZVAQAvD_BwE&hvadid=513555203017&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017265&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3066356158403047660&hvtargid=kwd-924211614847&hydadcr=19235_11279724&keywords=15mm+gt2+belt&qid=1673801879&sr=8-3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.