Basic but Stuck

Hi All
Very new here but I have 1 issue that I have come across straight away and cant find the solution I have a workbee machine I have a stock size of X - 550mm and Y - 1200mm which is fine I can set this up in Create but if I want to work at the bottom of the piece when I zoom in I loose my work. and I am unable to scroll down to the design in anyway as far as I can see unless I zoom out but then I can work on the detail.

I hope someone understands what I am trying to achieve

Thank you G

Just trying to understand your question. It sounds like you are zoomed in and just want to move the lower part of the drawing into view. Is that right? You should be able to use a mouse movement to do that. Sometimes it acts strangely and I will reset the view and try it again.

Hi yes I’ve found that I press “F” to open the view then I have to select the bottom of the piece I can zoom into that part of the design but you cant just scroll around to another area I have to press “F” and then zoom into the new area I want to work on.

I guess I want to grab the piece and move around

Right-click and drag to pan.

See:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/shortcuts

and

You may find:

of interest.

When you have tried everything but its so simple once you know, thank you so much for your help this help massively

G.

My laptop has a track pad that is a devil to zoom and pan with on its own. I usually use my laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse on a 55 inch TV. However when I take the laptop to the shop to use on the Shapeoko I usually do not take the mouse. Occasionally I need edit a CC file and I have to go and get the mouse. The mouse is a wheel mouse and is just so each to zoom and pan with. The track pad is capable to do the same thing but seems to take two hands and I just get the wireless mouse.

Anytime you are zooming/panning around the screen you can also just go up to the menu bar and hit Reset View and the view is reset where everything on the work area is visible. If you only have objects within the confines of your material it will show all of those objects, if you have objects outside of the material then the zoom includes those items as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.