Beer Taps - Part 1

Delivered the first part of this order to my very happy customer yesterday. 5/4 QS WO finished with General Finished Seal-A-Cell & Arm-R-Seal. Accent is Liquidtex Carbon Black Acrylic. Design done in Vcarve Pro.

24 more to do to finish their first order which must be carved with different designs on both sides.

21 Likes

Awesome job. I have a few local craft breweries starting right near me. If you don;t mind me asking, what did you charge for these?

Answered by PM …

Nice work!
I’ve wondered, but never looked closely…do those just slip on to a handle?

3/8-16 threaded insert (for USA anyway)

3 Likes

Hey I happen to live near Versailles, just not on the same continent :slight_smile:
I raise my glass to this nice project/sale !

1 Like

You wouldn’t happen to be in the one with that little palace would you? Been there; nice place

2 Likes

I think you pronounce the one in Kentucky differently, don’t you? Like Ver-SALES?

1 Like

No, everyone else has it wrong …

2 Likes

I’m switching from painting the V-Carving to using a Laser to burn them. I’ll get one cut out tomorrow and get a better picture

4 Likes

@wb9tpg what laser is that and how do you lock the collet from spinning freely? apologize if you have posted this information elsewhere

Jon

It’s a J-Tech 4.2W Spindle Mount laser; you just chuck it up in the spindle or router. I’m building an electronics box that’ll remove power from the spindle when I power on the laser but my parts are hung up in China with the Virus stuff going on. In the interim I just unplug the VFD when I use the Laser.

Would you be willing to share your design?

I don’t want to share the entire thing at this time

I’d be happy to answer questions and share parts of it

I completely understand. What is the font and what size bit did you use?

I use an Amana Tool 51692 but for drilling the alignment holes and the VCarving. It is a 90 degree but with 4 flutes so I can push the speed and keep decent chip sizes. I love that bit!

The large vertical font is BioRhyme Expanded ExtraBold. The font on their logo is hand drawn to match a scan of their logo.

1 Like

@wb9tpg - I really enjoy seeing your work, any more beer taps or lasering that you can share?

1 Like