Having to manually save GCODE in Carbide Create, then manually load it in Carbide Motion, is tedious and error prone. For example, there’s really no way to know for sure that the GCODE file is up to date. The current way of remembering the GCODE filename just makes things worse.
There should be a way in Carbide Create to directly hand off to Carbide Motion. I envision something like the following:
- In the same place as the Save Gcode button, there’s another button “Load into Carbide Motion”
- If Carbide Motion is not running, start it. Otherwise, talk to the current instance
- If Carbide Motion is Busy (for example, currently running a file), ERROR
- Carbide Motion pops to foreground
- Carbide motion automatically loads corresponding GCODE. It doesn’t matter how that code gets to Motion, it should be transparent to the user.
So, it both allows one to save off a GCODE file (as a known working version for example) and fiddle around in Create without messing things up, AND allows the straight “I just looked at this in Create, run what I’m looking at right now” way of doing things.