Bitrunner....gone forever?

Mine should be here Saturday.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it go on the left rail since that’s where the routers cord is run in the drag chain.

2 Likes

Chicagoland - North Suburbs. There have been a lot of issues with mail of late but luckily we have been spared.

Figured it out. Installs on the router cable side (opposite the controller.

2 Likes

I have a BitRunner on my XXL. I do not have the spacers to accommodate the rail on your pro. Mine is screwed flat against the rail. You may not have finished your install but the router cable flops around when you move the gantry from front to back. So you need to make sure you have enough slack to go from front to back and enough room for the cable to flop and not hit something next to your machine. I sometimes push my router table up against the side with the BitRunner and have caught the router plug on the end of my Incra positioner. It is my fault but you have give clearance for the cable to move without being caught on something else.

EDIT: On my XXL i ran the router cable outside the drag chain but the router power comes off the right side of the X axis bracket and comes out on the side of the BitRunner. So when my machines moves from front to back the router power cable plugged into the BitSetter flops back and forth. I assumed the Pro did something similar.

On the Pro (with the Makita) the router cable can’t flop around because it’s completely enclosed in the drag chain and there is Zero slack

1 Like

my dust boot hits mine. lol i tried to measure everything perfectly but alas, it never happens. apparently i put too much sound foam in the back of the enclosure for me to slide it where it needs to go all the way facepalm. i was able to get around it by canting the dustboot over to the left about 40-49 degrees which helps. now at least i know it won’t shatter my plexiglass with a solid hit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.