Bitrunner install PCB issue

Solved this issues ….

The board is listed here:

2 Likes

The connector should be in the box. You can solder it on and save some money compared to buying a new board.

My bitrunner came with the connector it but i already had a newer board

1 Like

We no longer bundle the connector — if your CM board doesn’t have it, you need to replace the controller and enclosure.

1 Like

Bummer. Is there at least a part name for the connector so it can be acquired from digikey and such.

See:

and

which point to:

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/pcb_receptacles/0447640603

also

may be a useful reference.

3 Likes

The trouble with soldering the connector on is the little lands are hard to solder. I have 40+ years of soldering experience and I had a hard time getting good solder joints. I have a pro Unger soldering iron with cleaning sponge. I know how to solder but still had trouble getting good connections. I bought a new board because my usb connector was flakey. The old board can be a spare for testing if necessary. Newer boards require you to remove big heat sink and have a hole in the case for the BitRunner cable and the new case wont work with big heat sink. Plus your new board will have a warranty.

Is the 2.4e being used in the Shapeoko 4?

If not, couldn’t Carbide 3D stump up a replacement for his existing one?

I believe the 4 uses a newer board.

1 Like

In their defence, their probably really busy. It can take a day or two for them to respond to me, so maybe it’s the same for you - perhaps ‘support’ doesn’t have the authority to resolve anything ‘off the norm’?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.