BitRunner V2 is Available

After a long wait, here it is:

15 Likes

Pretty slick! Certainly much less Soviet than the prior rev :wink: and some extra goodies.

1 Like

Looks awesome! Does carbide motion know if the lockout is enabled?

Nope, there’s no feedback path from GRBL for that.

2 Likes

You all are churning out new stuff and it’s all great! Good job team carbide 3d!

3 Likes

That is a great improvement! Nice job C3D team!

3 Likes

I have placed my order.

2 Likes

You guys sure have been releasing a bunch of stuff lately. Looks pretty slick. I like the remote spindle button. Does it start the spindle or just enable it?

1 Like

According to the instructions it is a disable/enable to be used when changing cutters.

1 Like

Correct. It just locks the router off when changing bits.

4 Likes

Internally shielded and a good ground connection.
Good Job C3D!!!

5 Likes

In BitRunner V1, if I recall correctly, you could control your dust collection in addition to the router. Does anyone know if V2 can control dust collection?

The V1 had a single male and female power plug. I’ve used a splitter to control both on a V1. It had a 30A breaker, in it so it had the ability to supply enough juice for both unless you had a huge DC. I don’t know if they used the same internals on the V2.

1 Like

Purchased, gonna give it a try. The addition of EMI protection is a plus, thanks C3D.

2 Likes

On it’s way…!!!

2 Likes

I know it has AC connections pre-fitted for 110v US mains but is this 230v tolerant? May be worth stating the spec on the shop page.

Ordered & just received notice with a tracking number!

1 Like

BR V2 arrived today.
I had looked at mounting it to the left rail, similar to how the controller is mounted on the right rail, but after running the ground wire through the cable chain, I found there wasn’t enough wire to put the Bit runner anywhere but six inches from the end of the chain. Other then that, it works as advertised.
The other item to show up was the automatic switch I found on Amazon that turns the dust collector on, when the router turns on. This one has the added bonus of a programmable start delay, up to 3 seconds, and an off delay, programmable up to 30 seconds.

1 Like

I just put a power cord splitter on the bitrunner to run my dust collection and router at the same time.

And at risk of repeating myself, if this is being sold in Europe or the UK it should be CE marked to indicate compliance with relevant safety standards.

1 Like