Bitzero Grounding Wire and Alligator Clip

Hi All,

I messed up the grounding wire with the alligator clip of my Bitzero (V1). Does anyone know where can I purchase another one? I don’t want to purchase the whole set, just the grounding wire.
Or can it be made?

It’s just a wire w/ a clip or magnet — pretty easy to make/repair — let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

I have the V1 BitSetter with the alligator clip. The clip was always shooting off the bit pretty regularly. The V2 has a magnet instead of the alligator clip.

I found a 3d printed piece on etsy with a magnet embedded in it with a way to attach the wire. If that one was to break I would just get a magnet and secure a screw in it and epoxy it all together. The magnet is conductive and the wire just needs to be attached to the magnet to work.

As Will Adams said the wire is just a wire. They attached a round connector on one end for you to secure to the base of the Shapeoko. The other end of the wire can be whatever you need to attach to the magnet.

There is a solution here on the forum:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.