Carbide Compact Router speeds

I have a Shapeoko XXL machine with a Carbide Compact Router. I am looking for a chart that will tell me the speed (RPM) of my Carbide Compact Router at each dial position. I have searched and have had no luck with that. I have found many feeds/speeds charts that show what speed that I need to be at to cut/carve a certain material, which is great. I just have no idea how fast my router is going. Is there such a chart on the Carbide 3D website? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

There should be one in your printed manual.

Official chart for Carbide Compact Router:
1: 10,000
(1.5: 12,000)
2: 14,000
(2.5: 16,000)
3: 18,000
(3.5: 20,500)
4: 23,000
(4.5: 25,000)
5: 27,000
(5.5: 29,500)
6: 32,000

EDIT:

Please note, the speeds which result from a given dial setting may differ from one unit batch to another, and from one locale’s electrical supply (the frequency, measured in Hertz at which current alternates), and should be considered as an estimate/guideline only.

​Some folks have painted their collet nuts and used a tachometer to determine their actual RPM at a given speed, but that should not be necessary.

​Our recommendation would be to use the faster speeds from Carbide Motion as a starting point, then, based on how the cut goes and how it sounds, adjust as needed.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I will check the manual when I get home.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.