Carbide Create and Carbide Motion

I have and use Carbide Create. I have never had a need/desire to try Carbide Create Pro. So I have never purchased it. Now, someone is asking me to cut their design which they made with Pro. Since I do not have Pro installed on my machine, and obviously have not purchased a license for it, will my Carbide Motion still run the G-Code that was created in Pro?

Your Carbide Motion will load and cut the file just fine. If you try to load it into your version of Create, all of the Pro features in the file will be disabled.

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you!!!

What has always bugged me is that I bought a shapeoko machine for the sofware that is offered (free) and it seems strange that the pro version software is a charge, even if you bought their machine. I often wonder why?

Pricing was discussed at:

I understand the over all pricing for software. I have just never understood why there is an additional charge? I bought your machine? I went to your machine thinking it would include the software we all wanted. I still recommend Shapeoko machines to all my friends. I do warn them if they want to do anything above and beyond simple carving that the software cost. I have no complaints as far as the machine or even the customer service. Just always bugged me.