Carbide create assistance

hello, I am looking to see if anyone would be willing to help me. I have a logo I am trying to create/trace in carbide create and I am having a lot of difficulty. I am donating a cutting board with the logo of our non profit assoc. as a fund raiser for a team mate of mine who was killed in Iraq. I have trace the logo, created 4 different versions to try and none of them are coming out.

CGTLEA logo cleaned.c2d (478.6 KB)

Anyone willing to help this CNC work newbie out?
Al

1 Like

The problem here is the tracing program you used is doing an outline, doubling the geometry at some points:

Carbide Create recently gained a “Trace Image” feature:

So, importing the above image:

we get:

which aside from the stars looks pretty good — zooming in and fixing them:

See:

for specifics on that.

Other areas should be cleaned up as well:

Here’s the initial trace version:

CGTLEA logo scanned.c2d (484.7 KB)

6 Likes

Thank you very much, you have been very gracious to help me. I do have another question and that is what bit and depth do you recommend to complete this?

2 Likes

The tracing that is there is the one I used initially and this was the result

Cleaning up a bit and loading the background:

will allow a bit of further rework — resetting the text at a minimum.

It should work well as an Advanced V carve:

Attached.

CGTLEA logo scanned advanced v carve.c2d (748.6 KB)

A better original would allow a better result, but just resetting the text should work.

2 Likes

I downloaded your image and transformed it to an svg. I did not do a lot of editing like Will Adams did but I created an advanced vcarve in about 5 minutes and is not a finished product. I used a 1/16" and 60 degree to create the cutout. Take a look and after editing the image like Will suggested see if you could use the combination to make your logo.

Instead of an inlay you could carve the image and fill it with epoxy that is colored with black transtint dye.

cgtelea_test_adv_vcarve.c2d (416.6 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you both for the assistance. My intent is to fill it with epoxy. As always the support on this forum awesome.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.