Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?

Just uploaded 415 to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/ . This is beginning to get close to a first release of CC Pro so we did put a timeout on this build of 10/1/2019. It won’t function after that but we should have the licensing worked out in the near future and then we can remove the timeout.

• (NEW) (PRO) Added 3D Roughing.
  • (NEW) Added timeout on this build. Won’t function after 10/1/2019.
  • (NEW) Added guard to keep CC Pro files from being loaded into a standard version.
  • (FIX) Fixed problem loading toolpaths other than contour/pocket.
  • (FIX) Better toolpath linking for engraving. (Wild Horizon)
  • (INTERNAL) Changed architecture for toolpath code in 3D finishing.
3 Likes

I’ve tried to keep up with all the adds, but you guys move pretty quick these days! Did regular roughing/clearing ever get added?

1 Like

Hi like the 360 option with the 120 updates

Use MeshCam I like much , fast and ease ,

Forgive my ignorance Rob, but if there are no extensions .stl . How is it applied (NEW) (PRO) Added 3D Roughing, how do it work?

You go into the Model tab, create a 3D shape there, then using the Modeling toolpaths on it in the Toolpath pane.

While it doesn’t cover the roughing toolpath (it wasn’t an option then), this video covers many other Pro 3D features:

1 Like

testing the new roughing feature; one thing I noticed is that while the toolpath shows a depth of cut for the toolpath, when you edit the tool you cannot change this depth using manual settings (unlike normal 2D paths where you can set this)

1 Like

How do you assign a tool path to a component. I import a jpeg and this the result in the model

Here’s a video by @edwardrford which should show that:

(from: Starting with 2.5 d carving )

draw in the 2D view a box around your stock… and make the 3D toolpath to that box… and it’ll all just work out

2 Likes

Thanx it works :grinning:

Don’t misunderstand me, I love carbide motion and my SO3. However, I find the interface to CC to be, at best, awkward to unusable for me. For the suggested $750 price for pro, I will upgrade from VCarde Desktop to VCarve Pro for $350 and pay for other Vectric charges for years and still not hit $750.

You guys really need to upgrade the look and operation of CC and CC Pro to something more modern and user-friendly. I am quite disappointed in the UI as it stands. However, I will continue to promote CC 3D for its great cnc and especially for your unequaled support staff. These guys are fantastic.

Best regards,

Allen

Thanks for the feedback Allen. This “Modern UI” comment has come up a few times and, to be honest, we’re confused by it.

What program would you point to that has a modern UI?
Is Vectric more modern?

(I ask this to try and understand the comment, not to argue.)

1 Like

I was giving 415 a whirl to see whether I can get full instructions for it into the “Terrain Relief Models, Unabridged” docs, and I think I’ve got it mostly figured.

I did have one major issue (may have been me overlooking something). In the 3D roughing toolpath, I didn’t see any way of limiting the depth. A larger terrain relief model is deeper than the flute length on the 1/4" mills I use to rough it out (before finishing with tapers), so I have to be able to set the stepdown (or at least a maximum stepdown) if I’m not going to be trying to rough it out with the shank.

I usually use a 1/4" ball (0.75" flute length) to rough, and the actual carved model depth is about 30mm (almost 1.25") when the taper (31.75mm flute length) finishes with it.

Am I missing something obvious?

nope I reported that as well, you can’t currently set the depth

Rob,

Thanks for the speedy response. Yes, I consider Vectric to be a modern UI, but also any of the tabbed/menu-based software–Word, Excel, etc. come to mind. I find CC frustrating because I cannot see all of the selections all of the time. Stuff seems to only appear when you have certain things selected. And usually I have trouble recreating the steps to make an item appear. Even if something is not available, it is helpful to see it greyed-out. So you at least know where to find it in the future. CC seems to be geared to a “power user.”

Please keep in mind that I do not use CC at all any more. After using it briefly when I got my SO3 I looked around and settled on Vectric. Yes the price is hard to swallow and functionality can be complicated. To offset that, their tech support is very responsive and tolerant of new users.

Therefore, I’m in Vcarve Desktop for all of my work. I’m sure that for someone that uses CC frequently, finding stuff is second nature. But for noobs and infrequent users CC is just not intuitive, well, at least for me.

Thanks for asking for my input. I appreciate that courtesy.

Best regards,

Allen

Thanks for the feedback Allen

Maybe this has already been asked for, but a feature that I wish was inherent in the Carbide Create upon multiple occasions was the ability to perform linear or circular arrays. Linear arrays to rapidly layout a design in rows and columns (ie stars on the US Flag) and Circular arrays to rapidly layout a design item around a specified circle diameter.

2 Likes

I use the Carbide 3D, CC and CM software, I also use the MeshCam and the results are excellent, I can not complain about it. There are small problems but we are solving them. And many times it is due to failures in my knowledge of g-code and machining, I arrive here without any knowledge and today with the Shapeoko I do what I want and very accurate.

1 Like
2 Likes