Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?

Blockquote[quote=“robgrz, post:143, topic:14904”]
So from file above I just added random texture, if I select one it applies it, if I cancel texture operation the system still crashes

Sent in crash report on the 1st to support.

Ok, so heres what happened.
Had a simple polygon set on workspace, highlighted and clicked model- selected texture button.
I didn’t load a texture, I just pressed cancel.

This process repeatedly crashed program, tried 10x same outcome.

Got it- I wasn’t clear on the cancel when picking a file. That’ll be fixed in 409 as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately one can’t change a closed path into an open one (I’ve asked for that feature and everything else Freehand can do).

Similarly, one can’t join two or more open paths so as to make a closed one.

Otherwise, one should be able to do most things by node editing or using the Boolean features, please see:

If there’s something you wish to do with paths in Carbide Create (any version) but can’t puzzle out, please start a new thread and we’ll do our best to help.

409 is posted:

• (FIX) Model textures aren’t flipped anymore (mjmike69688)
  • (FIX) Zero location is consistently set on new file (mjmike69688)
  • (FIX) Crash when cancelling texture command before picking an image (mjmike69688)
  • (FIX) Composite model rebuilds on document size change
2 Likes

These are all files created in 316 that cut great but now must be re-edited to cut on 407.
I went through to find as many variations as possible.
Best-moms-grandmas.c2d (791.7 KB)
Denver-Broncos-Logo-Tv-Tray.c2d (1.9 MB)
CarlosMontelongo.c2d (626.2 KB)
I-only-make-boys.c2d (552.6 KB)
The-Caban’s-#2.c2d (181.9 KB)
The-Caban’s.c2d (212.9 KB)
The-McCardell’s.c2d (282.4 KB)

1 Like

@robgrz

After creating a model-component and you go back to re-edit
Shape Parameters is missing, Only Component Parameters is available.
This makes changing the overall profile difficult as one must delete component and competely restart.

I posted with pictures a few days ago

Not sure if it’s just a nitpick but when selecting an ungrouped object and going to alignment tool, no matter if you align to stock or last selection it just all ends up being smashed to a single point. So all vectors are migrated to whatever alignment point selected.

This does work as designed when the objects are all grouped together.

Thanks
409 working great so far

1 Like

409 (and earlier) - has issues with displaying the toolpath time calculation display .
If all tool paths are enabled and then the C2D file saved then when opened up again all is fine and the times are shown.
However if any toolpaths are disabled when saved - on opening the file again the tool paths are permanently show as “Calculating” even if they are subsequently enabled.

1 Like

Isn’t that the expected behavior if one centers everything?

I just experimented and was able to align things to inside / outside edges and horizontal or vertical centers w/o getting everything centered.

Would it be possible to have the choice of anchoring an element like a rectangle to the bottom left side instead of the middle when it is created just like most drawing software do?

yes, just more of a nitpick… If all selected as a group you would think they would… center as one. Just like they Re-size when selected as a group (while still consisting of individual vectors)

It is more of a time saver. I dont just resize/ align and set toolpaths. So having to
Go in and group everything together before using alignment tool.
Then ungrouping before being able to edit individual components.

Just a few more button clicks I guess.

Just thinking it should act like the re-size tool in that aspect I guess

That is controlled by which is the last object selected — the key object which won’t move is represented by a dashed line — to change it, control click on it to remove the object you want to be the key object and not move, then control-click to add it back to the selection as the key object.

In 409 I was able to make a group, center it to the stock, and the elements of the group maintained their relative positioning when moving to the center.

If you don’t get that behavior, please check that the objects are grouped, and if they are, send the file in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll look into it.

Maybe I’m not clear. So I open a new project in CC and want to create a rectangle on a new sheet. I select the rectangle tool then click on the “canvas” and move the mouse and the rectangle opens from the middle not following the mouse across the canvas. The rectangle is centered on the point where I clicked not the bottom left corner anchored on the point. The instruction says click on the rectangle center then click on the side. I think the behavior should be to click on the point where you want the rectangle to start and expand from there to the location you want it to stop like every other drawing program.

1 Like

Oh, you mean when drawing / creating — I was confused by the topic being alignment.

Yes, that would be nice — my suggestion has been making that the default, then using alt/option to cause the centering behavior.

2 Likes

Ok- these should be fixed in 410

@luc.onthego
I agree would be nice.

While it won’t do it automatically, select 0,0 for your rectangle center,

Then select rectangle to adjust parameters.
Select bottom left corner on Move parameter.
Enter- 0 for x and 0 for y

you can still adjust the size and shape
note- process must be redone each time after resizing rectangle. ugh
I was hoping atleast that would save to last set zero…

Made me notice that the postioning and orientation option are missing from CC409 @robgrz

1 Like

410 is posted

• (FIX) Older 316 file with text are now sized properly (mjmike69688)
  • (FIX) 2D view reset on new file or file loaded

Yes there are workarounds to place it where you want but this is basic. If I want to start my rectangle against some other element, I don’t want to create it approximately where I think it should end up then have to move it into place. I want to magnify, go to the exact point where I want to start then expand from there. While I’m at it, the size of the vector element should be displayed in real time somewhere, maybe on the bottom so you know when to let go of the mouse button. It would save you from having to enter the size then move it into place.

I like the idea of pressing a secondary key for centering the start of the object that is a good option for a circle in particular.

As I said, it is not that you can’t get to the end result, it is the consistency with other drawing/CAD programs, in fact with the behavior of most OS and the time it takes for drawing something. If CC is going through a major update, these quirks should be addressed and this is one of those.

1 Like

It would be great for everyone to check out Build 410 from https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/

I think we’re at the point where this is better than 316 in every way and even though we have a lot more we’d like to do there’s no reason to encourage new users to download 316 at this point.

Are there any places where 410 is less stable than 316?

[EDIT] 411 is now up. Blame it on @myerswoodshop
[EDIT] 412 is now up. Blame it on @myerswoodshop again

1 Like

Not being able to set position of rectangles. This option is missing from 410. Note the two pictures above. This was an option in 316. Dunno if you just got rid of it…

Everything from the Job Setup saves upon selecting file new.

Except- Model Resolution Setting-reverts back to Standard.
Toolpath Zero Reverts back to lower left each time. Don’t remember if 316 does this without reinstalling it.

1 Like