Carbide Create suggestion - hints / quick help / description

I am not a full time CNC person, I like to spread my time around :slight_smile: Therefore I tend to forget things or might not use all the features on a regular bases.
C3D has great help and tutorials however I would like to see hints/reminders built in. The little question mark next to the field or the question mark that you drag over the field for quick reference hints, or a brief description. This might reduce some help requests / support questions.
I.E. for width, height, depth, radius Start Depth, Max Depth … fields
Variables, (t,h,w), Formulas (w-0.5in), Conversions (mm,in)
Not sure if there are others, I forget them and I always want to type β€œinch” instead if β€œin” :slight_smile:
For others it might just be a brief description of the feature.
This might clean up the screen

Also maybe the shortcut key map under the help tab.

2 Likes

Shortcut Key Map!!!

Well, we have this online:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/shortcuts

and I did one at:

3 Likes

That was awesome and it is so useful. so good that I was suggesting to add it to the help menu as it quick reference. I am not suggesting loading the program with large help files. C3D has provided awesome material. It was just quick hints as you hover over a field or click the standard β€œ?”
Again in an attempt to reduce support questions.

You have also produce an awesome help guide. It was a great read that I still refer to. Thanks.
If you have not read it. Will did a fantastic job on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but I am lazy. I like @BML 's suggestion.

1 Like

LMAO β€”> Nailed it :slight_smile: <β€”

1 Like

I was inspired by @WillAdams post. It made
Me
Want to make a keyboard template like PC games (and applications) of old.

Then I realized I wouldn’t be able to read the words on it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.