Carbide Motion Beta 621

We just uploaded build 621 to Carbide Motion Beta Downloads with the following changes:

• (FIX) Interface popup for Shapeoko with BitRunner should now show the correct RPM.
  • (FIX) Send to Carbide Motion from Create should be more reliable.

Please give it a shot and let us know if you have any trouble.

6 Likes

I’m not expecting the Beta for the Raspberry Pi but any timeline on getting v618 being ready for download?

Have Carbide Create Pro build 757. “Send to Carbide Motion” should be more reliable with CM beta 621 and CC 757, or should I pull a more recent CC?

If this build is good, we’ll do a Pi build.

Nope, we found a bug in CM so it should work with any relatively recent CC. That said, grab the latest CC beta and give it a shot too.

3 Likes

Happy to be a guinea pig :boar:

I see we got a few downloads for this beta. Did anyone have trouble with it at all?

1 Like

I’ve been using it with no problems. However, I don’t have a bitrunner (I have the VFD spindle), and I don’t use “Send to CM”. I usually program in my office, and then google drive my files out to the shop/garage.

2 Likes

No problems so far. I don’t usually use the “Send to CM”, but it worked OK when I tested it out. Normally the toolpaths are saved into the CC file which is shared between office and workshop machines. Also using the VFD spindle, not BitRunner, so it’s not a great test.

Sorry to report… CM bugsplat receiving from local machine (PC) and remote machine (Mac). In both instances I “sent report” with my info. Incidentally, this was coming from production CC (PC) and beta CC (Mac).

Also of note: it was really finicky getting “Send to Carbide Motion” to show up in either Mac or PC CC. Think the way I got it to show was editing toolpaths and then it showed. Tried quitting / reloading a few times and no “Send to CM”. I’ll have time to test further later if there are specific tests you want me to try.

We had two Bugslat reports on that today, and the report info was helpful to locate the problem.

We’re checking with the other user to see if he’s running CM and CC on different computers as well, but we think we know what the fix is.

2 Likes

Can you try 622 from Carbide Motion Beta Downloads ?

2 Likes

I’ve used the Mac version several times with no issues. I forgot to try the Send To Motion feature, forgot it was fixed.

Not published yet - will retry in a bit and download when avail. :vulcan_salute:

It’s up, refresh the page and it should show up.

2 Likes

Loaded up CM 622 on PC (USB connected to SO5). Send to CM from same machines CC worked flawless. For CC on Mac to CM on PC, it works as well - but have to do a kabuki dance to get “Send to CM” to appear. What seems to work consistently to get “Send to CM” to appear, is going to Design / Settings and clicking Ok - go back to Toolpaths and the “Send to CM” appears.

Let me know if need more remote → local (Mac → PC) tests to see if other methods are able to get the “Send to CM” to appear in CC. Thinking you / your team will know what triggers the button to appear and what the refresh triggers / timing is.

1 Like

For folks who want to use a Raspberry Pi 4 w/ 2GB (or more) of memory, we have a new build (622) for the Pi:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidemotion/pi

I just tried it on the rPi w/ RasPad touchscreen case w/ my SO5 pro and it worked fine.

5 Likes

Which PI OS level are you running?

Hidden Post

Almost everything looked good for me but on this (and previous versions) the software has some kind of crash after loading a project and clicking the “Front” or “ISO” view tab. The “Top” and “Gcode” tabs work as expected. When I click the Front or ISO tab it hangs for a second and then goes to the default start screen of Carbide Motion (no job loaded, machine not initialized, etc.)

This is on a fresh install of the latest Raspberry Pi OS on a Raspberry Pi 400 with no other non-default software or settings changed.

Update:
After talking with support I found out it was the power supply to my monitor. My portable monitor is USB powered and after switching supplies it had no issues. There weren’t any problems with Carbide Motion 622.

1 Like

Please send the file in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll look into this with you.

1 Like

Sounds good, email sent!