Carbide Motion Jogging Enhancement for Bluetooth Numeric Pads

It would be extra special to enhance this operation with a numeric pad means of adjusting the jogging resolution between fast, slow, 1mm, 0,1mm, etc. Like bCNC or other CAM controllers using these keypads, supporting (+) or (-) keys to tab thru these choices would be fantastic. Throw in the Home key while you’re at it too.

1 Like

If I’m understanding what you’re asking for it already exists. Press “Num Lock” and select 1,2,3,4 or 5. 1 is fast and 5 is 0.01mm. Click Num Lock off and resume jogging. Homing I don’t have an answer for, but then I usually only home my machine when I’m physically in front of my computer, the wireless jogging on a Bluetooth 10-key is great for setting zeros though so you don’t have to move, run around the machine and see if it’s right, then move again, run around again, etc…

Dan

1 Like

Thanks, Dan -

Finally back from biz travels and catching up on forum posts… I’ll have to try this with my next job. Is this documented somewhere that I missed (key mappings)?

Hi Jim,

It’s in this same thread: Wireless remote jog control for $18 - 1 minute install first post. I noticed that you posted over there as well, hopefully I didn’t just give you an answer you already knew? Anyways, I really like mine and it’s become invaluable for my work flow. Hope this helps,

Dan