Carbide Office Hours Livestream #7 - More Textures & Topography

Hey folks! Not only am I pleased to announce the topic of the next livestream (Intermediate Level Carbide Create Pro Techniques), but I also did not need to delegate this announcement to Luke! I plan on covering how to use some of the other blending modes for components (Min/Max/Equal), the texture tool, and some additional open-ended experiments I’m doing with topographic carvings. Stream will start at 1:30 PM Pacific Time on May 1 (Friday).

Additional Carbide Create questions welcome, as well as suggestions for future topics. Leave them below!

11 Likes

On topographic carvings, I’m curious, do you think it’s doable in metal on the Nomad? I think it could look really cool.

1 Like

Yes, that should be perfectly feasible on the Nomad — if anything it would be easier since you’d be able to use MeshCAM’s more power toolpathing.

Hmm, I’ll have to give it a go then.

Not a question, just an idea: Winston showed that the Nomad can resolve high levels of detail in graphite. If we invert the heightmap, instead of carving a piece directly, we could carve a mold and then pour a molten metal like silver or gold into it and end up with some really cool jewelry without material waste.

1 Like

My understanding is the jewelers who use Nomads carefully gather up all their chips for remelting.

One thing which I remember vividly from when I was younger, but haven’t seen in ages was a device for jewelers to wash their hands in after working with precious metals — it would filter the water and capture tiny particles of metal. Emptied each year it could easily have over an ounce in a busy shop.

2 Likes

Excited for this! I definitely felt like I was fumbling around a little with CC Pro when making my contest entry, so this should help a bunch. Thanks @wmoy for doing this! Another helpful video to add to your great library :boom:

1 Like

Think it would be more beneficial to have themed content that is around the/a contest, before or at the start, not at the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.