Carbon filter filter for Sweepy V2

Made this for laser cutting wood. Venting outside not an option when it’s -20 out.

Remove the sweepy brush cover, jam this up there, friction fit with a 1 degree taper. I swivel my sweepy ovecr a bit so it’s closer to the laser which mounts on the left side of the spindle mount. Run my dust extractor which has a HEPA filter.

Here you can just barely see the fan on top of the laser between the hose and makita.

4 Likes

Neat, what are you using for the carbon filter?

It’s just some carbon filter material from amazon that I cut into circles. Got a stack of maybe 20 in there as they are only 4mm thick. Might cut out a piece of my furnace filter next time I change it (MERV 11) and put it in front just as a pre-filter.

There’s not a ton of airflow but still plenty for the small amount of smoke. I don’t use my laser to actually cut, just engrave wood. I haven’t tried cutting yet, but I would probably only do it in the summer with the garage door open.

cool idea! would you mind sharing your file?

SweepyCarbonFilter-Lid.stl (70.8 KB)
SweepyCarbonFilter-Housing.stl (172.1 KB)

Sure, here you go. You’ll need a fairly dialed in printer for the lid as-is. If you have fitment issues you can scale the lid to 99 ir 98 to help it fit. It’s a tight friction fit.

3 Likes

Awesome! Really appreciate it.