Changing z limit?

I changed my z axis to the slider and have the spindle in the best position but when using short 1/8th bits the machine wont plunge as far as it needs to without hitting the limits (not sure hard or soft but whatever one is not the actual limit switches), Is there a way to increase the z limit? I searched but couldn’t find what I was looking for.

I’m afraid the limit is hard-wired. Workarounds:

• install the adapter upside down if using it
  • add a spoilboard
  • use a fixture to lift the stock up.
2 Likes

ah that’s too bad… I’ll have to lower the spindle on the current job and add more spoilboard afterward. Thank you Mr. Adams.

Or use a different sender like UGS or CNCJS and get the full range out of your new Z. You will need to change the $132 setting to your new max Z setting.

1 Like

so it’s a software issue then?

Yes. Carbide Motion is hard coded for 80 mm of Z travel.

1 Like

or make the limit switch trig elsewhere than the max up position, albeit at the cost of losing the extra travel you get with your upgraded Z, as described in this other thread:

Does anybody else check here daily hoping for a new Carbide Motion beta, on the heels of the CC beta? There are a few small things (like the hard coded Z limit) that if allowed to be changed would prevent us from having to change senders. I like the simplicity of CM but I don’t know how much longer I’m going to be able to hang onto it.

Beta posted to:

https://carbide3d.com/blog/2019/carbide-motion-416/

(but doesn’t change the limit)

ahhhh I see what your saying

so apparently that isn’t the issue, I’m still getting limit switch hit in the exact same spot every time.

Please describe / measure how far the machine will let you move from the top.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.