Cnc Ticking Noise

Ok thanks you I appreciate it. I also contacted support to see what they will say.

Any chance its the spindle lock pin floating back into the spindle, like the spring that holds the pin out is missing?

1 Like

Maybe @neilferreri is onto something.
Can it be axial play in the router armature?
Turn everything off, and push/pull up & down on the router armature to see if you feel/hear any movement.

Check your bolts on ball screw nut. Mine made a similar noise before it dropped.

1 Like

How long have you been running your machine? Can it be the machine providing a reminder that those linear rails need some maintenance. At one point I did have some clicking noise as well on my Pro and that’s when I found the thread in the community forum started by @Luke which discussed linear rail/guide maintenance. It described cleaning the rails with lint free cloth/wipes and the need to oil them. Although the start of the thread is servicing the HDZ I gathered it also applies to the linear rails on the Pro.

EDIT: Rail and linear guide maintenance

3 Likes

I have had the machine for 1 month. If you think I need to oil it already I can.

You said that you don’t hear that when using Vee bits, just your endmill. Since your videos just show you cutting a slot, I suspect you’re just recutting chips. With the same endmill, what happens if your cutting a pocket?

I have not tried that I can go try that in a little bit though and try it.

I just cut a pocket it still made the ticking noise when I got deep. But it did not happen a lot compared to before.

All of your videos sound exactly like an overloaded router - you could either spin the bit faster, or lower your feedrate and it should get quieter. It’s probably better for the router if it’s not making those noises, but it’s also not a huge deal if you can ignore it and you’re happy with the results.

I don’t think you have any reason to suspect a problem with your shapeoko based on those videos

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.