CNC Z-axis issue

Hi everyone,

I am new to using the Nomad 833 CNC machine and have been experimenting with it. The only issue I encountering is when I run a job, it starts to drill my design mid air. I am not sure why it does this, I have homed its coordinates at the bottom left edge of my material but it seems to always forget the Z-axis. If any of you have any clue or idea why this problems occurs, I would appreciate any response.

Where is the origin set in the file?

How are you setting zero relative to the stock?

The origin on the file is set on the bottom left side. On Carbide motion, when I add my block, I move it to the same position as the file was saved as. Having the the z-axis coordinate be a bit above the material and setting everything to zero before starting.

Is Zero height Top or Bottom?

It sounds like it’s at the Bottom but you’re zeroing at the Top (surface).

When you use the lower left corner to zero you are zeroing X Y and Z. The Z is zeroing on the top of the material. If you want to use the bottom of material you have to do a separate operation. You can use the lower left corner of the material and it will set X Y and Z on top but then move off the material do perform a Z only and it will set the Z zero to the bottom of material.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.