Community challenge #13, 2019-2020 edition: VOTE HERE!

Thank you everyone for the superb entries in the 13th community challenge.

Time for voting (legit community members only, as usual)

Poll will close on Oct 4th midnight PST
That’s also when I’ll do a final check on CutRocket links and add bonus points to the tally.

1 Like

There were a lot of great submisions this month! you guys gave me some really interesting ideas!

4 Likes

Wow guys! Absolutely killer work! So many creative and inspiring submissions, this is a tough vote for me.

3 Likes

Really impressive projects here.

3 Likes

Allrighty, it’s a clear victory for @MikeG, congrats on winning first place with your awesome lighthouse night lamp.

Nightlights stole the show, with @ScottsdaleSteve taking second place with a great entry combining multiple wood types, magnets, LEDs, engraved acrylic, and a pretty smart design…what’s not to like!

Jury’s prize follows the popular ranking this time and goes to @jwhendy and his customized Honda badge. How many thumbs up did you get on the roads after you installed this ? Way cool.

@Lourdes will be in touch with the winners.

THANK YOU everyone for the great entries, I really appreciate the effort from everyone to document how their project went, this is the mindset we want to keep for those community challenges so that everyone has a chance to pick up idea or tips for their own work.

Stay tuned for challenge #14!

6 Likes

This is really flattering! I thought with ALL the great entries here I might have a shot at 3rd. Thank you to everyone that voted for the lighthouse nightlight, I really am flattered.

Really did enjoy all of the other entries and have been motivated to try several other projects based on them, thanks for the ideas folks!

If anyone has an itch to attempt the lighthouse in CC Pro, I would love to follow along, help if possible and try and learn more about using CC Pro.

And thanks Carbide3D for putting on these contests and to @Julien for running them!

9 Likes

Wow, I’m freaking honored! I expected to get smoked by many [more] of these projects. Super impressive work and creativity from all! Thanks for the inspriration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice job John! Way to go on that design and follow through.

1 Like

I second that. What a great way to get the community involved and keep the creative juices flowing. Very generous of Carbide3d to provide such great motivational prizes. Nice runaway win @MikeG! The tribe has spoken…

3 Likes