Community challenge #20: Drawing/Painting with the machine (closed)

Bwood34

I’m glad you found the pen/plotter idea useful and easy to implement. Your drawing reminded me of the Jetson’s maid. My memory fails me as to its name.

Bill

Rosie

4 Likes

New user so wont let me post more than one pic at a time. !
First time posting. Holder is made from hard maple took about 15 min to draw and cut. Split with bandsaw and inserted screw to tighten on spindle. Really solid and easy to use. Had to trim the back of it to miss the z rails.

8 Likes

New user so had to post second pic this way.

7 Likes

New user 3rd and final pic.

8 Likes

I like your design Bwood34. I’ve collecting info from various drawing posts and I seem to like these types of designs the best.

Just a thought but could you incorporate a spring instead of the varied number of foam pieces?

Tyson:

As shown in my earlier post in this thread use a foam ear plug that has been washed in soapy water. It springs back quickly and applies just the right amount of pressure to a Sharpie.

Bill

yes indeed, I had thought about it, but I didn’t have one in the right size, so I have to look for one.
in the meantime, the solution of @72begin works too.

but for the one who makes this system, the spring is a good solution i think.

1 Like

Time to vote!

1 Like

How flat is your bed that you are getting such consistent line widths over such a large area?

@baaja
my bed was surfaced, to obtain a good flatness.
I don’t have any measurements to give…

And to get better results, I put a cutting mat under my paper.
(brand “canson” paper I think it’s French, it’s a special paper for drawing, it’s thick).

1 Like

Well I suppose the “spring” (foam in your case) does help a lot cancelling the subtle local variations in flatness, too. Much like the new diamond drag bit.

1 Like

yes indeed. after I took the time to find the right height adjustment, not too much, low, not to make the pen drool. after the ball of the pen also compensates a little the defects of flatness.

1 Like