Until the mystery around challenge #19 unfolds, let’s move on to a new challenge.
The theme for challenge #20 is: Draw/paint something with your machine!
After all, this is where we all started when we ran the Hello World with the sharpie. I thought it would be fun to see what folks could come up with, from intricate mandalas drawn with a Nomad, to a huge XXL-sized drawing. It’s doable by seasoned CNCers and newbies alike, yet there is still the challenge of drawing precisely over a large area (spring-loaded pen holder anyone?), using multiple colors, etc…
Rules for this 20th challenge:
- submit your entry in this thread (you can post multiple entries if you want)
- the drawing must be made on a Shapeoko or Nomad. No endmills, vbits, or any kind of engraving tools allowed. Think pen, pencil, felt-tip, crayola, brushes, anything you would use for manually drawing (or painting) things.
- you must post pictures of
- (at least one of) your setup / how you attached the pen to the machine
- (at least one of) the drawing in progress
- (at least one of) the final result.
- no handicap system this time.
Deadline is set to May 9th 2021, midnight PST
there will then be 7 days for voting.
- voting will be open to legit community members only, and the jury reserves the right to remove votes from “outsiders”, and will also break any tie.
First place: Amana kit #199 and #119
- Second place: Amana kit #119 and #197
- Jury’s prize: Amana kit #119
Cool swag too for all winners:
Happy (automated) drawing!