Community challenge #20: VOTE HERE

Again multiple cool entries in challenge #20, thank you all for your participation.
Now to vote! (legit forum members only, you know who you are)

Note: I was not 100% sure whether Bill’s post was an entry or just sharing his cool holder design, I chose to err on the side of caution and included him in the list.

Poll will close on May 16th, midnight PST

1 Like

Final chance to vote, let’s break that tie

1 Like

Yesterday i thought whats so bad about a tie, but just realized its because its a jury’s decision for the tie breaker. If thats the case don’t sweat it, I happily forfeit the tiebreaker to Andy in exchange for future help/support in the forums which i know you’d do anyways. More importantly this was more about having fun while learning my new CNC machine, mission accomplished :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oopsy, I’m a few hours late closing this (but I’ve been watching the results as they evolve)

So, congratulations @Bwood34 for killling it in this challenge, superb execution (and evidence if it was needed that a simple pen holder design as inspired by @72begin’s can produce fantastic results)

Second place goes to @AndyC, I don’t mind that he applied a gentle twisting pressure on the “drawn on a Shapeoko” rule, it was well worth it!

Jury’s prize goes to @Caffein8ted for originality (a tennis ball, of all things!) and already contributing nicely to the community

@Lourdes will be in touch to ship your cutter packs & swag

Challenge #21 coming up soon !

8 Likes

Am pleased as punch to be in the placings, and that people found my ‘make something useful with’ twist on drawing of interest. It’s fabulous to see what people come up with, and the sheer competence in the outcomes.

4 Likes

thanks to the Carbide 3d community. :tada: :champagne:
soon the opening of the bars here in France :grinning:

@72begin why didn’t you submit a project with your pen holder inspiration?

Bwood34

My woodworking friends have suggested I enjoy making jigs and fixtures more than projects. In this case I would agree. I am pleased you found inspiration for your pen holder from my post. I was fortunate to have Julien pick my entry as one of the winners in a previous contest. I admit to having to find wider doors to walk through for a day or two due to uncontrolled head swelling :slight_smile:

I echo your thanks to the Carbide3d community.

Bill

5 Likes

Congrats Vivien and Andy and thank you Carbide 3D for putting on these challenges. Since I’ve found my way to this community a few months back I always enjoy following these community events and happy I can finally join in on the fun. Looking forward to future challenges to see what themes the Carbide team come up with and all the great entries.

2 Likes