Things got a bit busy both for us as a company and me personally. But! We’re back!
All users welcome, don’t shy away just because you haven’t done many projects before.
The theme for challenge #28 will be: Halloween/Fall/Autumn
Halloween is right around the corner. Children will gorge themselves on candy (that’s my plan as well). Costumes. Also it’s leaf color changing season, which is some peoples favorite time of year.
What can you make? Go crazy! Try and fit it in the theme (which is fairly broad). Some suggestions off the top of my head; candy dishes, signs, yard decorations. Maybe candy corn but made in wood (probably tastes about the same)? Winston did a giant aluminum pumpkin a while back, could do something like that! Make some leaves in different color woods as coasters? Something for a costume? Really, up to you!
Anyway, I can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Here are the Rules:
- submit your entry in this thread
- you can post multiple entries if you want (though you’ll only win one prize)
- you must use your Shapeoko or Nomad
- post pictures of the project and tell us about the process, the mistakes, lessons learned, etc.
- include the design file. (I find this to be helpful for newer users).
- Using tiling will give you +2 points to your vote count. This seems like a perfect contest for tiling
- Winner will be decided by voting. Jury prize will be decided by the Carbide 3d team.
- Deadline is set to November 1, 2023 midnight PST
- there will then be 7 days for voting.
- voting will be open to legit community members only, and the jury reserves the right to remove votes from “outsiders”, and will also break any tie.
Doing things a bit differently this time.
Every winner gets a Crush-It Essentials kit and some swag.
First place will get their choice of cutters (up to $150 value)
Second place and Jury prize will get their choice of cutters (up to $100 value).
I’m not able to manage letting you pick something on store and let you pay partial, so it’ll be no more than whatever amount is set for the prize.