Contour or drill holes off by atleast 1/16in

So I’m trying to make a lid for a box, the box has similar holes for magnets and atleast one of those has come out bungled as well though it was shifted in the y axis and this time it was in the x axis. I have gotten a run of the lid and the box to come out right once (I’ve only made 2 tries at each) but the first box was off (2nd job, well 2nd and 3rd jobs but i didn’t change zeros or move the work piece i chocked that shift up to the 2 jobs) and the second lid (4th job). Is the shapeoko pro just not precise enough for this kind of work? I cant imagine that’s the case but idk what else would cause the shift within 1 job. Is there a calibration I need to go through? I’d think it’d be off on all the jobs if that was the case.

Gcode for each project is attached.
Fancy box base v2.nc (530.1 KB)
Fancy box lid v2.nc (248.1 KB)

Cutting should be consistent. First check the machine mechanically. Per the machine operating checklist: Machine operating checklist , the basic points of adjustment for a machine are:

Once the machine is mechanically sound, calibrate:

My left belt was loose, i tried to tighten it but everytime i do the belt slips through the bracket thing. Infact after the bracket is tightened down all the way i can just pull the belt out of the bracket.

How are you routing the belt?

It should come underneath the bracket from the mechanism, go over and around, then back under where it will mesh w/ the incoming belt:

If you are still having difficulties w/ the belt run thus, please let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

I was routing it the same way it said in the assembly guide and like you have shown above. Idk what i did but i finally made it work and i have the belts equally tensioned.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.