Creating Keyhole toolpath in carbide create

How to create key hole toolpath in carbide create? and what will be settings of keyhole tool such as feed, spindle speed and plunge rate?

See:

1 Like

I have a specific Freud bit and will include the custom tool database below. The Freud site had F&S that were fantastically aggressive for their bit. Basically you just draw a circle. The circle can be size but the keyhole tool path will just go straight down to the depth of cut you specify in the tool database. It will then plow forward the length you specify. I typically go 1" to make sure the keyhole entrance is not so close to the end of the keyhole.

number vendor model URL name type diameter cornerradius flutelength shaftdiameter angle numflutes stickout coating metric notes machine material plungerate feedrate rpm depth cutpower finishallowance 3dstepover 3dfeedrate 3drpm
701 Freud 70-104 701 Keyhole end 0.39 0 0.25 0 0 2 0.125 0 10 60 16000 0.4375 1 1 60 16000

The parameters are from the specifications for my Freud 70-104. You will have to get the specifications for the bit you have. The OEM will have the measurements or you can just measure it.

Here is a picture from the Freud site about my bit.

I think it’s a great idea!

Here is what I did…
Key Hole Hanger 8.25.c2d (44 KB)

Explanation is clear enough and it worked. Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.